Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Luis Gasca 1971

The cover art for all of my albums is extremely important  to me. The covers represent not only my music but are a reflection   of the times as well.

The 70's were an amazing time for everyone! Women were becoming liberated, the sexual energy that had started with the hippies in the 60's was cranking up even higher, drugs were everywhere, and the music reflected those changes.
My album was a hip funky blend of jazz rock and latin beats played by some of the greatest musicians of the time! Joe Henderson Carlos Santana Noel Schon Coke Esocvedo George Cables Rico Reyes Greg Rolle Mark Levine and of course me...Luis Gasca!
Even now when I listen to this album I think it is an amazing awesome blend of music that has worn well over the years and doesn't sound dated. But then again we weren't worried about labels or "genre's" then it was the 70's and it was about the music.

6 comments:

  1. Love your music Luis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you started this blog Luis. muy interesante..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr. Luis, on facebook there is the joe henderson profile (who is playin' sax in your music backgrounded) and you are in homepage.
    Glad to listen You again!!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go further, it's not the end of the way. Greetings from Westafrica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once took a Jazz appreciation class with you back in SA!
    I remember you were trying to keep your identity under wraps but
    we were all kids so your secret was safe! (only the Prof Knew who you were--nice lady) then as an assignment, we all met up to see Stephan Jordan at some club and we all got A's (haha). must have been around 96. anyway, glad to see your doing ok.

    ReplyDelete